Escabèche of mackerel
Ingredients- 15 centilitres of olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 4 shallots cut into round slices
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Pepper and salt
- 8 centilitres of white wine vinegar
- 15 centilitres of CHIMAY TRIPLE
- 4 filets of mackerel without bones
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 200 grams of celeriac
Preparation- Wash and cut the carrots into round slices.
- Mix the olive oil, wine vinegar and CHIMAY TRIPLE. Add the shallots, the sliced carrots and sprigs of thyme and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for thirty minutes.
- Season the filets of mackerel with salt and pepper. Roll them. Place them on a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil. Bake for twelve minutes in an oven pre-heated to 160°C.
- Using a mandolin, cut the celeriac into very thin strips (julienne). Fry them briefly in hot cooking oil. Season with pepper and salt.
CommentsPresent the mackerel on the escabèche, and decorate it with a little fried celeriac.
Serve with a baguette and butter.
Average Internet user rating: No rating for this recipe.