Sauteed scallops, calves' sweatbreads and preserved chicory and apples in CHIMAY BLEUE
Ingredients- 4 large scallops
- 300 grams of calves' sweatbreads
- 250 grams of butter
- 2 large heads of chicory
- 1 apple
- 2 shallots sliced
- 10 centilitres of brown stock
- 10 centilitres of CHIMAY BLEUE
- 10 grams of “Sirop de Liège”
- 5 centilitres of sherry vinegar
- 4 slices of cured ham
- 8 fresh mint leaves
Preparation- Dry the cured ham for an hour in an oven at 100°C.
- Poach the sweatbreads briefly and remove the membranes.
- Fry the sweatbreads in the butter and continue cooking in an oven pre-heated to 180°C.
- Cut the chicory into large pieces and the apple into thin strips (julienne). Brown them with the shallots in the butter in which the sweatbreads were cooked. Deglaze with the CHIMAY BLEUE and reduce briefly on a strong heat.
- Add the brown stock, the “Sirop de Liège” and the sherry vinegar and leave to reduce until syrupy.
- Roll and chop the mint leaves very finely.
- Fry and drain the scallops.
- At the last minute, cut 2 slices of dried cured ham and mix with the reduced mixture with the chopped mint.
CommentsPresent the reduced mixture topped with a quarter of a slice of dried cured ham, a slice of sweatbread and a scallop and garnish with sprig of mint.
Average Internet user rating: No rating for this recipe.