Foie gras with apple compote
Ingredients- 400 grams of terrine of goose foie gras
- 1 kilogram of apples
- The juice of half a lemon
- 20 centilitres of CHIMAY BLEUE
- 10 centilitres of water
- 20 grams of granulated sugar (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cream of balsamic vinegar (reduced balsamic vinegar)
For the beer jelly:
- 4 sheets of gelatine
- 1 bottle of CHIMAY BLEUE (33 centilitres)
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 20 grams of granulated sugar
Preparation- Peel all the apples except one. Remove the cores. Cut into pieces. Place in a saucepan and add the water, the CHIMAY BLEUE, the sugar and the lemon juice. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer until the apples are reduced to a compote. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the jelly by heating the CHIMAY BLEUE, the lemon and the granulated sugar and add the sheets of gelatine which have been softened in water. Pour into a container and leave in a cold place.
- Cut the remaining apple into round slices.
CommentsMake a disc of foie gras topped with a slice of apple and compote.
Place the jelly to one side with a dribble of cream of balsamic vinegar.
Average Internet user rating: No rating for this recipe.