Quail, Savoy cabbage and a sauce of CHIMAY ROUGE
Ingredients- 4 quail
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage
- 120 grams of streaky bacon
- 33 centilitres of CHIMAY ROUGE
- 150 grams of butter
- 10 grams of acacia honey
- 2 potatoes well cooked and diced
- Black pepper
Preparation- Remove the veins from the Savoy cabbage and cut them into thin strips.
- Fry the onion and bacon until golden. Add the Savoy cabbage and leave to simmer for twelve minutes. Add the diced potatoes, continue cooking for five minutes and keep warm.
- Remove the breasts and the legs from the quail fry them in a little butter.
- Bake for five minutes in an oven pre-heated to 180°C (depending on how well you want them cooked).
- Brown two chopped quail carcasses in a pan.
- Deglaze with the CHIMAY ROUGE and reduce slightly.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Whisk the sauce with the butter and finish with a dribble of honey and a little black pepper.
CommentsPresent the quail on a bed of Savoy cabbage.
Add the sauce.
Average Internet user rating: No rating for this recipe.